Sunday, April 24, 2016

Mother’s Empty Chair

Gazing at the empty chair I hear mother singing
Rock of Ages was one of mom’s favorite songs
Though that chair has been empty for a long time
It still seems like that is where mother still belongs

How my heart melts with all those wonderful lyrics
They still sound like she sung them long years ago
In my dreams she always sings with a perfect pitch
I will hear them again when up to God’s Heaven I go

Mothers are always special to her boys so it seems 
Yes I know she always loved her two little girls too
But somewhere in her heart the boys were different
With all her children she did everything she could do

When I climb those Golden stair steps up to Heaven
I will first thank my God for taking this sinner up there
Then I would search out my dear mother and hug her
She would know then how much for her I really care


copyright © 2016 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment