Friday, March 3, 2017

My Time

Sadly I can see what old man time has done to me
He has stolen my youth and put wrinkles in my face
Caused me to not remember some things of past time
I can now move around only at a labored and slow pace

In my young days I was filled with so much vim and vigor
I could run for a mile and never seem to lose my breath
Play baseball from sun up until sundown without tiring
Now it seems walking that mile would cause my death

Today when I go into a store over at the shopping center
First thing I do is try to find myself one of those riding carts
Doing that causes me to buy more than when I am walking
Sad to say but those riding carts is how gaining weight starts

One day God will call me away and give me a new body
One that will show perfection in each and in every way
Then I will be able to walk all over His beautiful Heaven
I must then give thanks to my wonderful Savior each day


copyright © 2017 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment