Sunday, September 4, 2016


My Friend Doug Coleman

I have a deep sorrow that is in my heart this day
Since I heard my friend Doug has passed away
I have known this fine man for many long years
For his wife and all his family I do to God pray

Doug was a man who tried to make things better
Dedicating his life to the community where he lived
He served as a trustee and a County commissioner
I think back and find I have fond memories relived

I remember when he and his wife Kathy were married
A young couple who proved their love would ever be
Doug worked after school hours until he graduated
Then driving one of Boone’s trucks I would then see

Doug some day I will be with you up in God’s place
There we can talk over all the good times we knew
Until that time you shall ever be in my heart and mind
It was so great that I had a wonderful friend like you


copyright © 2016 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment