Tuesday, April 4, 2017


Life

At night when I lay my head upon the pillow
I thank my God for giving me this kind of life
He has blessed me with many years of age
Most of all He has given me a wonderful wife

I think back to the years of when I was young
That was back in the height of the depression
For our supper would we get beans or potatoes
Or watered down gravy could be a concession

Although those years were lean God stood by us
Mother saw that we went to church ever Sunday
She scrubbed our ears and gave us clean clothes
We hurried home and changed so we could go play

We enjoyed those years and they brought happiness
As these Golden twilight years are bringing to us now
We recognize there have been mistakes in past years
But our faith in God will lead us up to Heaven anyhow


copyright © 2017 By Acie

No comments:

Post a Comment